Listen to all song recordings.
Choose either Hevenu Shalom or Who's the Knockin'?. Follow along in your music and address all of the following questions:
Using your music, address the following questions. (use measure numbers to cite examples)
1) Were all the notes/pitches correct? (If not, identify measures that need to be fixed.)
2) Was the diction clear? (Identify at least one spot with good diction and one part that needs to be improved)
3) Is the song balanced between all the sections? (Identify spots that you cannot hear a part or a part is too loud.)
4) Did we cut off together? Identify one clear cut off you heard (be specific) and one that needs to be worked on. (You can identify more)
5) Did we follow the marked dynamics? (CIte an area where we did so extremely well and at least one that needs improvement)
I listened to all of the recordings on the website.
1) The notes on measures 5 and 6 were off in the tenors.
2) The diction was a little unclear in measure 1 when singing the "d" of "Bidi," but very clear on "holiday" in measure 42.
3) We were not balanced on page 20 measure 59.
4) We cut off very clearly in measure 70 as demonstrated by the "m" of "bom." We need more of this in measure 81.
5) The dynamics were particularly good on measure 42 and 43, but we did not follow the piano dynamic in measure 20.